Develop medical device customers for the Company’s contract assembly services. The Company specializes in building sub-assemblies that are physically small, that incorporate electronic functionality as well as other technologies such as optics, fluids, chemistries, acoustics, etc. This is a B2B custom sale, most commonly starting with the customer’s engineering team, and after successful assembly process development, transitioning to the customer’s procurement and operational teams. The ideal candidate can identify viable prospects by assessing a customer’s technical and business needs in relation to the core competencies the Company offers. Therefore, to be effective in this key role, this individual must be well-versed in medical device industry Product development requirements, become very familiar the Company’s Process development capabilities, and can work between the customer and Company in establishing an assembly process that meets or exceeds expectations throughout a year’s long Product Life Cycle (typically 5± years) . Additionally, good marketing and strategic analysis are important, along with program planning, negotiating skills, closing orders, penetrating multiple organizations and levels in the customer to build a deep relationship. This approach has successfully resulted in the Company manufacturing implantable devices, hearing aids, endoscopic surgical devices, genomics testing systems, molecular diagnostic platforms, and life science instrumentation to name a few.
The Director will build market position by locating, defining, developing, negotiating, and closing a few (2 to 4) major ($1,000,000/yr.) business relationships each year.
- Understands the competitive dynamics in the full-service microelectronic assembly services provider industry, especially as it pertains to the various assembly technologies employed.
- Receives requests for quotation and provides details to the development team that will propose the detailed services for presentation to the customer, then acts as the liaison between the customer, Engineering and Program Management.
- Negotiates Terms and Conditions, Engineering Services and Manufacturing/Supply agreements with customers, or helps modify customer supplied contract and partnership documents.
- Coordinate all aspects of the sales process including actively understanding and documenting customer requirements, fiscal requirements, ensure customer provides proper documentation for the order to be processed in manufacturing, communication with customer regarding schedule/delivery expectations, and obtaining customer feedback.
- Attends regular marketing and sales meetings and strategy sessions to remain informed of external and internal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, or potential business threats
- Participates in developing and executing the company’s Medical and Biotech marketing and sales strategy.
- May represent company at trade association meetings and exhibits to promote our varied services
At least a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science. Superb listening and reading comprehension, attention to details and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Possess an understanding of medical devices and the medical industry and its terminology. Have contacts and at least 10 years of experience successfully selling custom technical components or services to major medical customers. Proficient using Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be familiar with the internet to find information, develop presentations, proposals and other materials to communicate with customers and the Company. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally.
Sales / business development experience in the medical or biomedical markets. Ability to recognize a good opportunity, develop a solution utilizing the Company’s capabilities and sell that to the customer. Ability to develop and maintain excellent customer relationships. Possess good planning and time management skills. Ability to use common sense to solve practical problems. Possess an inquisitive and curious nature.
Salesforce or equivalent CRM platform experience is preferred. Prior knowledge of FDA regulations as well as experience working in medical device contract manufacturing, ISO and ITAR certified environments is also preferred.