Promex Industries is an electronic manufacturing services supplier specializing in process design and assembly services to support products that are challenging to manufacture. We’re located in a newly remodeled facility in Santa Clara, California – the heart of Silicon Valley.
- Design, implement and maintain quality assurance protocols and methods to ensure the quality of products and services during every stage—from Incoming Quality Control (IQC) and process development to manufacturing and packaging
- Plan, implement and manage compliance of manufacturing and production processes with internal and external safety, quality and regulatory standards requirements for worldwide distribution
- Design methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of production processes, production equipment and finished products
- Perform analysis of reports and production data to identify trends and recommend updates or changes to quality standards and procedures when necessary
- May be required to assure compliance to in-house and/or external specifications and standards (i.e. GLP, GMP, ISO, Six Sigma)
- Determine quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes
- Establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determine levels of confidence
- Establish statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, Weibull 3-parameter distribution, reliability modeling and reliability demonstration tests
- Develop experiments by applying full and fractional factorial techniques
- Develop sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods
- Maintain statistical process controls by applying demerit/unit, zone charting, x2 charts for distributions and individual-medial/range for multi-stream processes
- Analyze data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution and process capability analysis tests
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing data; make recommendations
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional societies, maintaining American Society of Quality Control-certified quality engineer qualification
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Experience with internal and supplier audits
Bachelor’s Degree in quality, mechanical, or industrial engineering
Minimum 3-5 years of related experience
Must be able to read and write English
Must be able to communicate tactfully
Prior experience in contract manufacturing environment desired
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and Outlook email
Working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 13485, 21 CFR 820 and ITAR
- Problem-solving, attention to detail, organizational and communication skills
- Manual dexterity and familiarity with quality testing tools and procedures
While performing the duties of the job, the Quality Engineer is regularly required to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time; use hands and fingers; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Type: Full-time. US citizenship is required as the facility is ITAR compliant.
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Yvonne Esquer email@example.com. Include the name of the position in the subject line. No phone calls please.