Develop medical and biotech customers for the Company’s contract assembly services. The Company specializes in building sub-assemblies that are physically small, that incorporate electronic functionality as well as other technologies such as optical, fluidics, chemistries, acoustic etc. (This class of multiple technology device is currently called “heterogeneous integration”). Provide sales support to prospects and customers, both new and current, B2B sales, marketing and strategic analysis are important aspects of the position, along with exceptional negotiation skills and the ability to close orders. Typical devices the Company assemblies include implantable medical devices, hearing aids, endoscopic surgery cameras, genomics testing systems, molecular diagnostic platforms, life science instrumentation, etc. The ideal candidate has experience researching market trends, targeting customers, knows the medical and biotech customers and uses proven sales methods to locate, and develop business opportunities with the goal to drive sustainable financial growth through boosting sales and forging strong relationships with customers.
The Director of Sales will build market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities include
- Understands the competitive dynamics in electronic manufacturing services, especially as it pertains to the various assembly technologies employed.
- Executes the company’s marketing and sales strategy to gain new Medical technology and Biotechnology customers and grow profitable existing accounts.
- Receive requests for quotation and provide details to the development team that will help aid the estimating process. Acts as the liaison between the customer, Engineering and Program Management.
- Negotiates Terms and Conditions, Engineering Services and Manufacturing/Supply agreements with customers, or helps modify customer supplied contract and partnership documents.
- Regular customer visitation/interactions and development of relationships through many levels of the customer’s organization.
- Coordinate all aspects of the sales process including actively understanding and documenting customer requirements, fiscal requirements, ensure customer provides proper documentation for the order to be processed in manufacturing, communication with customer regarding schedule/delivery expectations, and obtaining customer feedback.
- Attends regular marketing and sales meetings and strategy sessions to remain informed of external and internal strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, or potential business threats.
- May represent company at trade association meetings and exhibits to promote our varied services.
- Must communicate information and state problems or challenges to be resolved in a clear, concise, courteous, and professional manner and be able to provide clarification, as necessary.
A Bachelor’s degree in one of the Engineering disciplines or Sciences. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with people with varying levels of experience and education is critical. Superb listening and reading comprehension, attention to details and excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Possess a basic understanding of medical and/or biotech hardware technology. Have contacts and a history of successfully selling components or services to engineering teams in major medical and biotech customers. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally. Motivated, self-starter mindset is required. Be able to adapt to changing needs.
Sales / business development experience in the medical or biomedical markets. Requires strong interpersonal skills, team player and multitasking abilities. Excellent written and “active” oral communication skills with both internal and external customers. Ability to develop and maintain excellent customer relationships. Possess good planning and time management skills. Ability to use common sense to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written and oral form. Possess an inquisitive and curious nature.
Salesforce or equivalent CRM platform experience is preferred. Prior knowledge of FDA regulations as well as experience working in medical device contract manufacturing, ISO and ITAR certified environments is also preferred.